Fat Does Not Make You Fat – Diet Advice on Fat
Here’s the highlights of a great article for diet advice on fat to check out:
- Eating fat does not make you fat.
- Saturated fat does not cause heart disease. It is likely protective.
- Processed foods labeled ‘low fat,’ ‘lite,’ ‘low cholesterol,’ or ‘proven to lower cholesterol’ should be avoided.
- Limit starchy and refined carbohydrates to prevent and reverse Type 2 diabetes.
- Optimum sugar consumption for health is zero.
- Industrial vegetable oils should be avoided.
- Stop counting calories (calorie focused thinking has damaged public health).
- You cannot outrun a bad diet.
- Snacking will make you fat (Grandma was right).
- Evidence based nutrition should be incorporated into education curricula for all healthcare professionals.
Fats Aren’t Creating the Obesity Epidemic –> http://bigthink.com/21st-century-spirituality/rethinking-the-conventional-wisdom-on-diet