It’s Liver Spring Cleaning Time
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), each season influences a particular organ system and spring is connected to the liver. What does this mean? Well, you probably notice changes in the way you feel, both physically and mentally, as the seasons change. I know I tend to feel a bit more contemplative and introspective during the winter months – an inward movement of natural energy. Once spring hits, energy starts to sprout outward and I’m ready to recharge and get moving. It’s liver spring cleaning time! A great time to do some detoxing too.
The liver energy is strong and assertive, the type of energy you need to create plans and then propel them into motion. However, if your liver is a little out of balance, you might notice you are more irritable or on edge than usual. This is a rising energy so people tend to show expanding heat signs when excessive. Signs and symptoms could include dizziness, feeling uncomfortable warm, fatigue, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, anxiety, anger or an increase in chronic pain conditions.
Here are a few more signs that your liver is in need of an acupuncture tune-up:
- You’ve noticed an increase in headaches lately, and these headaches seem to feel worse when you aren’t active. These headaches generally tend to be felt on the top of your head.
- You might begin to feel constipated or bloated. Your bowel movements might become irregular, alternating between constipation and loose stools. Hard, difficult stools that appear pebbly are also a sign of liver imbalance.
- Your friends or coworkers are tippy toeing around you because you are grumpy and irritable. When liver energy is out of balance you might feel irritated and frustrated. Sometimes irritation can expand into outright explosive anger more easily than it would if your qi or energy was flowing smoothly.
- PMS symptoms can become more severe. Bloating, breast tenderness, sensitivity…you can blame all of the above on your liver. If your periods are more painful or clotted, this is also due to a stagnation of liver qi.
- Your shoulders, neck or jaw are uncomfortably tight. If the liver energy is out of balance, it tends to flow upward. This causes everything in your body to rise up: you might grind or clench your teeth, your shoulders will levitate up around your ears, and you might experience symptoms of TMJ. Rising energy can lead to anxiety, panic attacks and aversion to heat.
- Your allergies are in full force, complete with itchy, red, watery eyes.
If you are suffering from any of these issues, your body is crying out for a visit to your acupuncturist!
- If you have emotional health concerns or chronic struggles with anxiety, fatigue, stress and depression check out my 7 Emotions Program – A Stress Management Program
- Also consider checking out the 4 Seasons Online Chi Kung Program and Learn the Spring Set to Balance your TCM Liver system
- Go here to check out the 4 Seasons Online Chi Kung Program Overview.
- Looking for an effective detox and burn some fat? check this out – 21 Day Purification Program | Watch the Free Webinar to find out more
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Subscribe to our email list for all-natural health tips and receive this FREE guide on how to take charge of your health the natural way. Natural Healing for Optimal Health
TELL US WHERE TO SEND YOUR FREE EBOOK